Sunday, May 25, 2008

Malaysia wins some rocks....literally

~X.T.~/in

After 28 years of dispute, the International Court of Justice has recently decided that, Pedra Branca or Pulau Batu Puteh belongs to Singapore while Middle Rocks belong to Malaysia.

The ownership of the remaining South Ledge is left to be settled between both countries.

F.Y.I. The size of Pedra Branca, Middle Rocks and South Ledge put together is barely HALF the size of a football field.

So rejoice everyone , we now get to add a useless pile of rocks to our maps as MALAYSIAN TERRITORY!!!! YESHHH!!! MALAYSIA BOLEH!!

Of all the dumb, pointless thing people fight for...
"Win-Win" situation wor...Yeah right

I bet the next thing is both countries will be pushing South Ledge to each other.

SG: I have the lighthouse and Pedra Branca now, need South Ledge I do not, you can have it.

MY: I got my tiny Middle Rocks cukup la, duwan your South Ledge, you take lah.

Then the ICJ, fed up with dealing with such trivial matters, decides to get some dynamite and blow up South Ledge so that there's no more land to fight over.

Now THAT be a "win-win" situation, no?

Slightly more info or the news article can be found on my blog here





~X.T.~/out

No comments: